Giving the ones you love our very best!
According to the US HHS, about 70% of persons over 65 will require long-term care at some point in their lives. According to the CDC, cognitive impairment disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia affect 50% of all residents in long-term care institutions.
The high number of seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia in long-term care facilities may be caused by the difficulty of managing the disease. When an elderly person begins to show signs of Alzheimer’s or dementia, many families understand that memory care is in their loved one’s best interests.
For some seniors, continuing to live at home without expert care can become harmful and dangerous due to the symptoms that come with memory loss. Memory care communities such as the Catholic Care Center offer a secure environment for the elderly suffering from memory loss. Our Alzheimer care facilities and memory care programs are designed to accommodate older persons with progressive cognitive diseases and are staffed by some of the best memory care experts. Our staff are specially trained to give personalized care to Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
Memory Care Residences
To better meet the needs of our residents, we offer two distinct memory care residences:
- Intergenerational enrichment programs
- Dementia-trained nursing and support team
- Personalized care plans developed between patient, family and physician
- Support for the management of incontinence and other personal care
- Visual checks every 30 minutes
- Small, intimate resident environment
- Family support groups
- Catholic Mass and Protestant services on campus
- Robust wellness and engagement program
- Podiatry, audiology, and other services available on campus
- Private suites
- Shared suites (available at Meadows)
- Private baths (available at Memory Care)
- All utilities included (except telephone)
- Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Wellness focused activity program
- Nursing team available 24/7
- Special resident-only events featuring local entertainment
- Transportation to scheduled community events and attractions
- Private meeting and celebration spaces for personal gatherings
- Beauty and Barber services
What is memory care?
A memory care center is an assisted living facility that is specially intended to fulfill the requirements of people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Residents in our dementia care facilities have a good quality of life while also taking extra precautions to guarantee their safety. Security measures are in place to keep residents from wandering. Some units may be locked so that no one may leave or enter without close supervision.
We offer a range of delightful activities that are known to be very good for persons living with cognitive changes. Visits from therapy pets, musical entertainment, or the opportunity to spend time in the gardens.
What are the benefits of memory care?
Seniors living at our Dementia and Alzheimer’s care center can benefit from memory care. This includes cognitive stimulation, emergency monitoring, and support from highly skilled professionals. Other advantages include enhanced quality of life, less medication use, and better medical care for other health conditions.
Take A Virtual Tour Of Memory Care Unit and Facility In Wichita. View It’s Themed Neighborhoods, Spacious Common Area, Family Gathering Area, Beauty/Barber Shop, Outdoor Resident Patio & More!
Take A Virtual Tour Of Memory Care Unit and Facility In Wichita. View It’s Cozy Neighborhood Dining, Spacious Common Area, Family Gathering Area, Beauty/Barber Shop, Outdoor Resident Patio & More!
Memory care services
Catholic Care Center provides services and amenities to make life safer and more comfortable for your family members who suffer from memory loss. Residents receive some basic daily help, which includes:
- Assistance with daily living activities such as showering, clothing, and toileting
- Preparing and serving meals
- Cleaning and laundry services are available.
- Tasks related to interior and exterior maintenance
- Nurses available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Getting to and from doctor’s visits and other outings
Our facilities may also provide activities like music, arts and crafts, and dancing. Activities are guided by professionals or volunteers who have been trained to assist people with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. Such activities appear to be good for those with cognitive impairments, according to new research. In addition, we provide cognitive therapy and programs that keep the brain active and engaged.
Feel free to schedule a tour so you can see for yourself how great our memory care facilities in Wichita KS are.